The Ag Invest Annual Agriculture Loan Program makes loans more affordable for farmers and agricultural professionals. The loans can be used to help pay for the annual start-up costs associated with seed, fertilizer, plants, crop insurance, and other qualified expenses.
After a participating lender approves your line of credit, the Treasurer’s office works with the lender to reduce the interest rate, thereby lowering the overall cost to enhance farm or alternative agricultural businesses. Click here for Ag Invest FAQ.
Please contact us for more information about the loan possibilities for your farm, or call (217) 557-6436.
Items Eligible for Ag Invest Annual Loans Include:
- Seed, feed, and fertilizer
- Cash rent
- Crop insurance
- Purchase of livestock/breeding stock
- Production-related energy and labor expenses
- Veterinarian costs
- New or used farm equipment
- Irrigation and soil and water conservation
Items Ineligible for Ag Invest Annual Loans Include:
- Land acquisition
- Research or feasibility studies
- Mowing or landscaping equipment
- Two-wheel or four-wheel drive (full-ton or lighter) trucks
- Loan application fees
- Other expenses not deemed part of a typical annual operating budget
Amounts and Terms:
- Applicants can apply as a single borrower or as a farm entity that consists of the group of borrowers who run your operation. The maximum deposit value for annual operating expenses in amounts up to $400,000 for a single borrower or $800,000 for a farm operation per calendar year.
- The below-market interest rate is fixed for one year.
Interest rates are quoted here and updated on the first day of every month, or you may call the Treasurer’s Office at (217) 782-2793 for updated rates. The listed rates are posted to give potential borrowers an indication of current rate figures. The final deposit rate will be confirmed on the business day prior to issuing the loan. Lenders may charge up to 3.75 percentage points over the Treasurer's rate of deposit.
- A participating Illinois financial institution must approve each borrower’s application.
- The borrower’s property must be located entirely in Illinois.
If you have any questions or need more information, click here or call (217) 557-6436.
If you represent a lending institution, please review the documents below:
Annual Agriculture Linked Deposit Loan Program Attachments 1A, 1B
Annual Agriculture Linked Deposit Loan Program Acknowledgement Form
Annual Agriculture Linked Deposit Loan Program Application for Deposit
The Treasurer’s Ag Invest loan program is the nation’s most expansive agriculture deposit program. Since 1983, Ag Invest has loaned more than $1 billion in annual and long-term loans.
In addition to the Annual Agriculture Loan Program, the Illinois State Treasurer’s Office began the Long-Term Loan Program in 2000. Agricultural professionals across the state have taken advantage of our below-market rates to help grow their farm operations.
In 2012, the Treasurer’s office introduced a fast track version of the Ag Invest program, which helps eligible financial institutions serve their Ag Invest clients more effectively by shortening the approval process from 10 business days to just 24 - 48 hours.
Download Adobe Reader which is required to view (PDF) files.